32 Flavors

I made a terrific chicken soup a couple of times last month but need a new stock pot. I'm shopping on line to find one at Sears & now see pressure cookers too. Is this better? I'm seeing stock pots ranging from $450.00 & under but think it's silly to spend that kind of money. I've heard certain materials can be toxic when buying cookware. Does anyone have suggestions on which pot to buy? I'm making a whole chicken with all the veggies. What size stock pot is a good one to get? Also any tips or tricks you can share on how to make the chicken soup better? Any secret recipe's? I know it's pretty simple, just all fresh & organic makes it good. I made it with all organic veggies, potato's, corn, zucchini, beans & carrots & hormone free chicken & some bullion cubes for the broth. Any good idea's are welcome!! Thanks!

Florence M

Personally, I like to keep things simple and use a Dutch Oven or large pot that came with my set of pots for soup. Sometimes I make a small amount just for two and only for two meals. I buy cut chicken pieces, or just use bones or chicken carcasses only. They can be purchased in packages. My family does not eat the soup chicken. I boil the chicken pieces and skim the surface of the soup first and discard the scum, then I pour the soup through a sieve throw out the bones and soup then goes back to a clean pot and I add all the veggies and powdered chicken soup base for a better flavour. Boil all for 3/4 hour or so.I boil up some soup noodles to add to each bowl when I serve the soup.It usually tastes great .