Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
this makes a large batch, and you can change the heat a little - your family should LOVE this...

2-3 chicken breasts cubed into 1" pieces
1 whole medium to large onion sliced/chunked up
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1 green pepper
couple carrots sliced
2 stalks celery sliced thin
1 large can diced tomatoes
2 tbls olive oil
1/2 jar Patak's mild curry paste
arrow root for thickening
a little water for cooking

Saute the veggies in a hot pan until the onions are translucent. remove from pot, add the chicken and brown lightly. put the veggies back in, 3-4 tbsp of the Patak's curry paste, and about 1/2 cup of water, maybe more. Bring back to simmer stirring constantly to incorporate the paste well, and then let simmer on medium, uncovered for about an hour. The chicken should be very tender. if not, continue cooking until the chicken is TENDER.

Usually served over rice - my wife and I refuse the rice now but wanted something to put under the curry so it would not be curry soup...we are sick of quinoa, so i made a little couscous - it worked well, has a great flavor and did both of us quite nicely for a rice substitute.

Give it a whirl, you will like it...it's has NEARLy replaced chili as our cold evening go-to meal :) The end product should have nearly destroyed veggies and very tender chicken and it resembles a stew...I thicken a little with arrow root or cornstarch. Don't overdo it, you don't want glue..just a nice thick sauce.

Back