Easy Recipe Finder

Recipe Feeder
Ingredients:
450lb(1lb) chicken, pork, beef and even seafood like prawns works.

For the Marinade: This is optional you don't need to marinade the meat if you are short on time and can't be bothered but it can help to tenderize the meat and add a different flavour.

8-10 tblspns coconut milk
up to 1 tblspn red curry past
1 tblspn nam pla(fish sauce)
1-2 tspns palm sugar

The Sauce:
150ml(5 fl oz) coconut cream
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tblspn palm sugar
2 tblspns nam pla(fish sauce)
1 tspn chilli paste, or fresh chillies cut into strips
1 lemon grass bulb or kaffir lime leaf equivalent to 1 tspn(very finely chopped or leave the lime leaf whole and remove after sauce is done)

Instructions:

Marinade

Trim fat of meat and cut into strips around 6 x 1 inch or shorter if you want. This is a good size for stir frying, if you are going to put the meat onto skewers then you can cut the the meat into more of a cube shape.
Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix with the meat, leave for 1hr at room temp or 4 hrs in the fridge. For maximum flavour you can marinade it over night in the fridge.

Once marinated if you are using skewers then soak them in water for several hours first(reduces chances of burning on the bbq).
Thread meat onto skewers, you can mix and match here. Two to three pieces should fit on a skewer, don't bunch them up too much.
Cook on the bbq or grill on medium heat until done.
To stir fry just cook in a wok or non stick pan untill cooked through.

Sauce:
Very simple but easy to mess up a little if you do not take care. Combine ingredients and place into a wok or large pan. Use a low to medium heat and keep watch of the sauce stirring regularly. Keep going till the mixture is all combined, it is ok for some small bubbles to be forming but don't let it get too close to boiling. If this happens then the oil will separate out of the peanut butter and the sauce will look a bit coagulated. It will still taste great it will just not look as impressive especially if you have guest.

Great with rice, brown, white, or wild.

Extra Notes:

The great thing about sauce is that you can alter things a bit to suit your tastes. I cannot put more than 1 tspn of chilli into the sauce as it becomes too hot for my wife. If you are like Mr Stone and like it hot :mad: then try 2 tspns or more :scared:

I tend to put in extra coconut cream and around half the recommended amount of fish sauce otherwise it is too strong for my wife. This makes the sauce a more light brown colour, otherwise it ends up a darker brown colour. Next time I make it I will try to get a pic up.

It can take a couple of times to get the sauce right to your liking but that is the fun of cooking, when you do it will be a dish that can impress. I make it for friends they end up having to pick their tongues off the floor after eating it and it is very moorish :drool:
It can be eaten the next day cold as well.

If you have a family event or a bunch of friends coming over you can double the sauce and make a variety of skewers up using all kinds of meats and serve with a bowl of sauce in the middle or individual sauce pots for people.
For vegetarians make up vege skewers and replace the fish sauce with 1/2 tspn of turmeric(or just don't tell them :lol:)

You can use low fat ingredients but it detracts from the taste.